The user by using the Platform and the Services, agree and consent to the collection, transfer, use, storage, disclosure and sharing of user’s information as described and collected by the company in accordance with this Policy. In case the user does not agree with the Policy, it is advised to not use or access the Platform.
- A) Types of Data Collected:
In providing our services, we collect the following types of data.
Personal Identification Information: Includes name, mobile number, email address.
One-Time Password (OTP): Used for mobile number verification.
Images: Photographs of the user for account personalization and verification.
- B) Purpose and Usage of Collected Data:
Personal Identification Information and OTP: To create and manage user accounts, ensure secure login, and personalize user experience.
Images: Used for enhancing user identification and security. These images may be used for profile personalization and to ensure the authenticity of the user account.
- POLICY CHANGES
The Company occasionally update this Policy and such changes will be posted on the Platform. If the company proposes to make any significant changes to this Policy, the Company will endeavour to provide the user with reasonable notice of such changes, such as via prominent notice on the Platform or to the registered email address on record and where required by applicable law, the consent of the user will be obtained. To the extent permitted under the applicable law, the user’s continued use of the company’s services after it is published or after a notice about the changes to this Policy is shared, such shall constitute user’s consent to the updated Policy.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED
In order to improve the platform experience and lend stability to the services rendered by the Company, the Company may collect information or employ third party plugins that collect information about the devices that are used to access the services of the company, including the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, mobile network information, installed applications on device and phone state. The information collected thus will be disclosed to or collected directly by these plugins and may be used to improve the content and/or functionality of the services offered. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs to track user’s usage of the Platform.
When the user is on the platform, the company collects and stores the information provided by the user from time to time. Once the user provides the company the personal information, the users are no more anonymous to us.
The company may track the buying behaviour, preferences, and other information that the customer/user choose to provide on the Platform. This information is used to do internal research on users' demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve users. This information is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the URL that the user just came from (whether this URL is on the Platform or not), which URL the customer goes to next (whether this URL is on the Platform or not), user’s computer browser information, and their IP address.
The Company may collect personal information (such as email address, delivery address, name, phone number, credit card/debit card and other payment instrument details) from the user when they set up an account or transact with the company.
- USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The information collected is used for following purposes, including:
- To provide, personalise, maintain and improve the product suggestion and enhance the buying experience of the user and enable features to personalise the account maintained in the Platform;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between the company and the user and to provide the user with the relevant information and services;
- To administer and enhance the security of the Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To provide the user with information about services that the company consider similar to those that the user is are already using, or have enquired about, or may interested them. If the user is a registered user, the company will contact the user by electronic means (e-mail or SMS or telephone) with information about these services;
- To understand the users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to their interests), process and complete their transactions, make special offers, provide customer support, process and respond to their queries;
- To generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on user base and Service usage patterns;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising served to users and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to user.
- to carry out academic research with academic partners.
- To provide, troubleshoot, and improve Yodacart Services. The company use the personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Services provided by the company.
- To prevent Fraud and Credit Risks. This personal information is used to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Yodacart, and others.
- To Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, the company collects and uses the personal information to comply with laws.
The company may combine the information that is received from third parties with the information given by the user and information that is collected about the user for the purposes set out above. Further, the company may anonymize and/or de-identify information collected from the user through the Services or via other means, including via the use of third-party web analytic tools. As a result, the company’s use and disclosure of aggregated and/or de-identified information is not restricted by this Policy, and it may be used and disclosed to others without limitation.
- DISTRIBUTION & DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
The Company uses the information that is collected from the user for the purpose of enhancing the browsing experience and help the user make better choices while purchasing a product. The Company uses services from third parties who assist by using artificial intelligence and other necessary tools to enhance the virtual effects/browsing experience and create a virtual market that enables the customers to procure the goods as sought. For such an exercise, the information collected form the user, is shared with such third parties who have executed independent agreements with the company.
- DATA SECURITY
The company has an appropriate technical and security measures to secure the information collected. The company use vault and tokenization services from third party service providers to protect the sensitive personal information provided. The third-party service providers with respect to our vault and tokenization services and company’s payment gateway and payment processing are compliant with the payment card industry standard (generally referred to as PCI compliant service providers). The users are advised not to send their full credit/debit card details through unencrypted electronic platforms. Where a username and password which enables the user to access certain parts of the Platforms provided, the user is responsible for keeping these details confidential. The company insists the user to not share the credentials with anyone.
Please we aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although the company does their best to protect personal data, it cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted through the Platform. Once the company has received user information, the company will use strict physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- GREIVANCE OFFICER
The Grievance Officer is identified above pursuant to the provisions of applicable laws including but not limited to the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Consumer Protection Act, 2019, and the Rules enacted under those laws.